- This event has passed.
Crowdfunding in Commercial Real Estate (Chicago, IL) -SOLD OUT
September 21 @ 8:00 am - September 22 @ 5:00 pm$995
Crowdfunding in Commercial Real Estate
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. We apologize for any inconvenience.
presented by CCIM
This advanced two-day workshop (formerly known as Ultimate Group Sponsor Workshop) will provide you with the real estate syndication and crowdfunding techniques that that will allow you to pool investor money to help finance your commercial real estate deals. Attorney Gene Trowbridge, CCIM, will discuss how to attract private money while complying with securities laws. You’ll discover how to structure your deals, what legal entities to use, and other powerful tools to help you raise big money.
The workshop will also include luncheon forums featuring a speaker who will detail how investors can use self-directed IRA and 401(k) plans to invest in syndications. This workshop also includes material which covers:
- The current state of Crowdfunding and whether this is a method of fund raising you can use
- Various ownership structures used in syndication such as Tenant in Common, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- The way in which lenders look at financing real estate owned by a syndication
- Changes in the way money can be raised after the JOBS ACT, which created two avenues where advertising and solicitation can be used;
- Structures of cash distribution to investors and compensation plans for the sponsor
- Networking opportunities to meet other similar-minded professionals